For those that want to use the Microsoft Launcher for Android, we have some great news! The Beta version of the launcher was just released, and it brings two new handy features: Cricket Widget and Android Work Profile.
Microsoft Launcher 5.4 Beta – Release Notes
Aside from making several tweaks to the launcher, bug fixes, and performance improvements, the two features are now live in the Microsoft Launcher 5.4 Beta.
The Beta version has reached build number 5.4.0, and it can be checked out right now by users that have enrolled in the beta program. If you’re not yet in the program but want to know what to expect from these two features, check out the release notes below:
- Try out our new Cricket widget to keep track of your favorite teams in the Cricket World Cup! (available in GB, PK, AU, and IN)
- Improvements to Status bar and System Navigation to match the theme
- Android Work Profile customers can view Personal and Work apps separately in the App Drawer.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
In the announcement from Microsoft’s Tech Community, a member of the Microsoft Launcher Team, Gorden Lin, explained that “besides above what’s new features, we are also experimenting with some new UI changes across different parts of Launcher, so you might see some of new UI in your own version of 5.4 when upgraded.”
It’s great to see new features, and not just improvements and tweaks of the UI, even though the Android Work Profile and the Cricket widget are not features everyone would often use.
If you want to be part of the Microsoft Launcher for Android beta program, follow the guide provided by Gorden Lin:
- Go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.microsoft.launcher
• Click “Become a tester”. You’ll see a confirmation “You are now a tester.”
After you enroll in the program, you will be able to get the latest Build as soon as it is available and send your feedback to the Microsoft Launcher Team.
If you are in the program and haven’t been able to get the latest build, Gorden recommends waiting a little longer until Google Play rolls out the update.