Electronic Dance Music (EDM) is something a lot of content creators dream about. DJs, budding music artists, radio editors and other creative people who have turned sounds into a living know what we are talking about.
Apart from the aforementioned specialists, a lot of people are using music as expression method, but this passion could get them into a lot of legal trouble because of copyright laws. These regulations harden the use of free music, although the content is available on open sources from the Internet.
The unauthorized use of copyright protected content can cause someone to lose his or her channel. The problem can be solved by purchasing a license for the music you want to use or by creating your own Electronic Dance Music. In case you did not know, EDM files are created with special software called Digital Audio Workstation (also known as DAW).
Every DAW software is different, so here is a list of recommendations to help you decide
The ”hunt” for good software is always difficult. Next we will mention some recommendations that can help the potential customers make a documented decision. Based on the users most popular choices, here are the best EDM tools for 2019:
1. FL Studio – This software has a modern and intuitive interface, but it can be a bit complex for beginners. It supports audio files in 4K format and multiple display mode. It comes with great MIDI tools that create outstanding beats.
This versatile tool is so popular because it can be used for creating and recording music projects. It could take some time for beginners to get used to it, but the tool offers unlimited possibilities. Besides, first-time customers can benefit from a free trial and upgrades are totally free for everybody;
2. Magix ACID Pro – Since the software was released, developers created an updated version – Acid Pro 365. It brings new sets of editing tools that create amazing EDMs: synthesis, new plug-ins, guitar, sampler and drum, vintage and analog effects and many more.
The tool can be used by on Windows devices and it is suitable for beginners and advanced users both. Customers can get a 30-day trial until they choose a subscription plan that suits their needs and budget;
3. Zulu DJ – This tool is easy to use, suitable for beginners, but it does not mean that advanced users will find it boring. Customers can choose their favourite subscription plan between the Home and Master edition.
It has cool features, like tempo adjustment, support for many audio formats, including MP3 or WAV and more. The user-friendly interface and the possibility to automatically detect BPM make Zulu DJ excellent mixing software;
4. Ableton Live 10 – Now we will talk about the simplest digital audio workstation available nowadays. It can be used for almost everything, from creating EDM to LIVE performances. Users can customize this tool according to their needs and preferences, but the cost will be accordingly – a professional user could end up paying over $500 for the complete subscription plan.
Thanks to Abletin Live 10, users can access two ”views”: Arrangement and Session. This means that they can use scenes from audio/video clips to play the music in real time and a lot more amazing features are waiting to be discovered.
5. Bitwig – Windows users will be happy to discover this awesome software. Bitwig is another versatile digital audio workstation that can be used by professionals and beginners. People who chose it say that it offers flexible workflow when it comes to LIVE performances, recordings and designing sounds.
Customers interested in the production of musical content will be very happy to discover its package with over 80 instruments and sound effects. In addition, it comes with many production possibilities.
Each of this software comes with a lot more cool features. You can find more if you look for information and online tutorials that teach you how to use them.
Jen is our lead editor, and she holds a Master’s in Journalism from Connecticut University. She’s been with us for over five years now and writes professionally on a vast variety of subjects covering the latest tech and science news. Jen is always making sure that the content of Three Zebras is accurate, precise and entertaining for our readers. She says about herself that she’s sincere and uncensored. Her biggest passions apart from writing are rock climbing and her dog, Travis.